Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Life

Well, the week has been tremendous...a tremendous rollercoaster that is. All kinds of awesome and not so awesome things have been happening. One incredible event was the Celtic Ball on Saturday! Dancing at a ball is just fun...if you've never tried it, definitely get around to it because you'll never forget the experience. Lacking words that adequately describe what an amazing time I had, suffice it to say that the Ball was better than anything you can say with words! :-)
There have been some trying times lately, but I won't bore ya'll with them. The only thing I will say is posted below in the form of my version of poetry...it may or may not be, but that's beside the point. I had something on my heart, and I needed to release some pent up emotion - my work below is the product of that partial release :-) Believe me, I'm not clinically depressed or anything...I guess I'm just inspired in unorthodox ways =P

Hope ya'll have a wonderful day....and leave comments if you feel like it ;-)

~ Jon ~

The Empty Chair

She sits in humble majesty,
A queen upon her throne,
Warmth in the air a travesty,
Is she really all alone?

My crown jewel of the earth,
Glorious as all seven wonders,
Infinitely increased at birth,
th’Value of all, strong and tender,

Though my heart not built of stone,
I sat, still with my thoughts,
Committing the act to which I’m prone,
Inconsideration,
Ignoring her that I’ve sought.

I can live no longer with this…
Hate, it reflects an image of me,
Cool, it freezes my redemption,
People…I…must turn at last to Him.

Caught there, between love and longing,
My mind reasoned that dichotomy,
I wished to affirm your belonging,
But choose the path more painful to me.

The path of love, hard may be,
It cries to protect and cherish her,
Silence for now is all I can see,
Love is to wait, the future is warmer.

In all, you never left my mind,
I thought it may show you how much I care,
Discretion to search but not yet find,
You sat still across from the empty chair.

Hindsight may always be clear,
But now unknowns tear my heart,
I want now to sit and, to you, be near;
If you care, forgive that I kept us apart.

I wish now that scene I could repeat,
My longing is to see you happy there;
[and] Maybe one day I’ll fill that vacant seat,
Across from my only one,

The seat of that empty chair.

No comments: