Sunday, February 26, 2006

When...

My heartfelt, un-varnished, sincere, rough-hewn, unbridled thinking. Thoughts running through my head at the speed of light. Propelled by recent events they lift like waves, cresting, and fall. The thoughts stay the same, though their varacity fluctuates.
Forgive the randomness and disorder. I just need to say what I'm thinking.
=)

~ Jon ~

She Stands

There She Stands-
Fragrance of spring blossoms
Pure as driven snow,
Innocent as the dawn,
Tender as a dove,
Beautiful reflection of God.

Here I stand-
Broken, unworthy.
Struggling in the current,
Swept beyond reason,
To a place of pure joy;
To your place in my heart.

Where you are-
I long to reside,
My heart strives to find, your grace and perfection;
Shine your light through the dark,
Guide me close to you.

For God-
Giver of all life,
Has created this whole world,
Declared all things good,
But did no better work,
Than when He made you.

I love-
Your sing-song voice,
Your infectious laughter,
Your brilliant eyes,
Your heart for God,
And your simple, lovely, smile.

There she stands-
Pure, manifest, beauty,
Body, soul, and spirit;
My one and only wish,
For which I’d sacrifice all,
Is that you’d find your way to me,
And fill your place in my heart.

She still stands

No comments: