Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Valentine's Day

Yes, I *do* understand that Valentine's Day has come and gone; many times. I have previously posted this content on Facebook and I feel that this blog is the more appropriate medium for such expression. This is something that I wrote on Valentine's Day in the midst of some reflections about the past - for better or worse.

The preface for this piece of work is posted above.


Valentine's Day



To say with words would never do,


They all sound hollow, worn, and few.


But there's one thing that needs be said,


Just let it warm and speak anew.



With each and every moment spent,


The truth is that what you have meant,


To me is more'n I'll ever know,


The love ran deeper than you knew.



I loved each time we briefly met,


Time stood still and passed, we let


our hearts grow close then far away,


And our sun dimmed the light it threw.



Though the wounds may never heal,


The best of cuts faithfully seal,


With thanks I think of days gone past, 'cause


There'll never be another you.


No comments: