Saturday, December 2, 2006

Smiles for love

Smiles for those times in life when one can do nothing but marvel at God's greatest creation: love; smiles for His blessings one and all; smiles for close friends to share; smiles as my heart is filled; wonder at the window face now smiling back at me....
Window Gateway

Alone I sit another day,
Watching sunbeams cast their light,
The rays reveal a dusty air,
Floating still as the place I stay.

Alone within a room of worlds,
My study pages fingers flip,
My soul has wandered far away,
Now walking through your perfect world.

Though sky is grey and air is cold,
And skies rain down their sorry tears,
My love to you the wind will bear,
The words on thin paper to fold.

And as I leave my studies go,
My eyes traverse the space between,
You found my heart and follow here,
I see your face in my window.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Jon. It *is* amazing to see the power that a simple smile can have. I myself love to smile and have often seen what it does for people.
Again I say, beautiful post. :)

See you this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

By the way, Jon, I think it's hilarious that in your profile picture, your nametag says Ted Nugent on it. lol :D